Real Estate Rental and Investment
Whether you are investing in commercial, single family or multifamily real estate, profitability will be driven by both internal and external forces. Market conditions, income and property tax optimization, cash flow management, debt, equity and entity structuring will all contribute to the value of your holdings. With so many factors affecting your success and opportunities to evaluate each, you need a dedicated and experienced real estate advisory team on your side.
JPS can help you identify opportunities, mitigate risks and manage your real estate investments to help you maximize your returns. We help real estate investors successfully navigate their biggest challenges including:
- Financing and capitalization structures – the choice of capital structure and loan to value ratio when acquiring income-producing properties can have a profound effect on the profitability of your investment.
- Real estate costs– there are significant opportunities in the tax rules to expense or segregate costs for optimal depreciation, and real estate investors are often in the best position to realize these benefits.
- Section1031 like-kind exchanges – divesting of one asset to invest in another can trigger significant tax liability, reducing your available investment capital and limiting opportunity. A 1031 exchange allows one property to be exchanged for another without triggering capital gains or depreciation recapture taxes.
- Ownership structuring – real estate investments often bring together new investor groups and require strategic ownership structures. Having the appropriate organizational structure can minimize risk and provide longevity to the investment.
- Special tax elections – restrictive tax rules applicable to real estate activities can have negative tax consequences, but careful planning and elections can alleviate or even eliminate the impact of these rules.
Find out how JPS can be a strategic advantage for your business.